Brazilian Civil Aviation Safety Programme (PSO-BR)
The State Safety Programme (SSP), Programa de Segurança Operacional (PSO) in Portuguese, consists of a management system focused on improving a State’s regulatory and administrative capacity for safety.
In this context, SSP directs civil aviation authorities to monitor and measure the results achieved for safety with the implementation of the Safety Oversight System.
The PSO-BR is the document that contains the structure and guidelines of the Brazilian Civil Aviation Safety Programme.
Access here the Brazilian Civil Aviation Safety Programme (PSO-BR) - (only in Portuguese).
The regulation of the PSO-BR and its implementation plan is established by the following Joint Ordinances:
- Portaria conjunta COMAER/ANAC nº 2, de 20 de dezembro de 2017. (only in Portuguese)
- Portaria conjunta COMAER/ANAC nº 3, de 20 de dezembro de 2017. (only in Portuguese)
A working group was created by the Joint Ordinance Portaria Conjunta Nº 01, de 28 de abril de 2017, with the objective of proposing an update of the PSO-BR currently in force, providing guidelines for the authorities to establish the processes for the safety management aligned to the international agreements assumed by Brazil.
Three units of Brazil’s Aeronautical Command are part of the working group:
- Department of Airspace Control (Departamento de Controle do Espaço Aéreo) – DECEA
- Aeronautical Accidents Investigation and Prevention Center (Centro de Investigação e Prevenção de Acidentes Aeronáuticos) – CENIPA
- Assessoria de Segurança Operacional do Controle de Espaço Aéreo – ASOCEA (Safety Advice for Air Control)
ANAC also participates in the working group with representatives specialized in airport infrastructure, flight standards, airworthiness, institutional planning and, safety management.